The project is for a charity quilt. I have used a very pretty piece of 1 1/2 yd cut of fabric which I had purchased quite a while ago for my stash on sale. It is whole cloth, but has a patchwork pattern to it. I added black and white borders and picked a soft green from my stash which will be the binding. It shows a little pale in the photo in a brightly lit room, but picks up the softer of the greens in the fabric. The backing is a black and white check. I’m using a thread called butter, a very soft yellow which looks wonderful. Here is me getting started. The quilting is called “Flourish” featured in Christina Cameli’s book “Step-by-Step Free-Motion Quilting”. Having done a paisley before, this was a quick one to learn.
I’ll try to update later in the day if I am able to get it done. This has overall been a quick one as I just pulled the fabrics out yesterday afternoon and started fiddling with it.
I got to the middle of the quilt and started having fierce problems with needle thread breakage. I went through the whole algorithm, rethreading top and bottom, reducing tension, checking the spool for catches, changing the needle (I uses a top stitch needle with a large eye). Nope. No finish today. I think it will have to wait for tomorrow to figure it out. This is a new thread to me, from my quilt shop (recommended by the long arm quilter as a strong thread). It did great for nearly half the quilt, too! I’m going to take this and the tension headache as a sign that it is time for a break from quilting! 😉 Happy weekend, all!