So, last Friday, I really thought that I was going to get this thing done, screaming’ along quilting so fast, a new pattern for me from Christina Cameli’s book, a great variation on a paisley FMQ stitch, when……my thread broke. Then it broke again, repeat times 12. I pulled out all my tricks and finally left the thing over the weekend only half quilted. I was not using Auriful, which so far is one of the few threads strong enough for the very touchy tension issues with my Juki when I do free motion quilting. So, cautiously, and with a number of additional breaks, I finished the quilting Monday and Tuesday, cut out and attached binding on Wednesday, hand finished the binding Thursday and today. This has been the most drawn out finish I have had in a long time! And not even on a large quilt. The finished size is about 55X66 inches or so. I love the luscious colors of the fabric, so cheerful for a quilt to be gifted to someone in need. So far this is my first of the quilts for charity. I would like to have five or six done before I bring them to the youth shelter that I was going to approach with them.Happy weekend and happy stitching to all!
Here are the finished photos: